Monday 24 June 2013

E.K. Gillcoan, author of S.P.I. - Alien Law

R. Nevada, S.P.I. - Alien Law by E.K. Gillcoan is available for the Kindle app from Amazon:
US: R. Nevada, S.P.I. - Alien Law
UK: R. Nevada, S.P.I. - Alien Law

R. Nevada S.P.I. - Alien Law by E.K. Gillcoan
R. Nevada, S.P.I. - Alien Law by E.K. Gillcoan

Is an evil extraterrestrial corporation trying to control the minds of our elected officials and dictate legislation? And if so, would anyone notice a difference? Why does a US Senator's daughter seek out R. Nevada, Strange Phenomena Investigator, for help in finding out what's happening to her father?

Mind reading devices, alien brain scan machines, hypno-brooches, and lucid dreams all play a role in this tongue-in-cheek story of the mind-altering efforts of malevolent beings.

Join seasoned investigator R. Nevada, the senator's daughter Ms. McGill, cryptozoologist Carl Pukwudgie, and professor of anthropology Adam Douglas as they encounter one strange phenomenon after another in their search for the truth.


. . . . . . . .

Author Quiz interviews E.K. Gillcoan...

If you had to sum up your book, R. Nevada, S.P.I - Alien Law, in three words, what would they be?
Are you serious?

Where did the inspiration for your first novel (in this series), R. Nevada, S.P.I. - Alien Law, come from?
The first book in this series is about an evil and powerful alien corporation applying mind control to members of the US Congress. I got the inspiration from reading and watching the news.

Would R. Nevada, S.P.I. - Alien Law work best as a movie adaptation or as a TV series?
This is clearly a trick question. Okay, I'll say TV. No, wait. Movie. Maybe a made for TV movie? What kind of backend points are we talking about?

If you could choose someone famous to record your book in audiobook format, who would you choose as the voice and why?
Well my first choice, naturally, would be Pee Wee Herman. But if he were unavailable I would settle for Morgan Freeman.

R. Nevada, S.P.I. - Steampunk Alien Invasion
is the forthcoming sequel to
R.Nevada, S.P.I. - Alien Law.
If you could invite one character from your novels to a dinner party who would it be and why?
Any of the aliens, but especially Hugo. He's a lot of fun when he's had a few pints!

When deciding on your book title what influences you most; potential sales or artistic integrity?
Oh, artistic integrity, of course. What screams artistic integrity more than "Steampunk Alien Invasion"? And after all, artistic integrity is what sells...

Which book more than any other have you read and thought, 'I wish I'd written this book'?
The Kama Sutra. Yes, that's the one...

Why would you recommend R. Nevada, S.P.I. - Alien Law to other readers?
Hey, why not? Look, if someone wants to slog through 400 pages of ponderous descriptive overload written by some delusional guy after he ate a bowl of brightly colored fungus, that's just fine. But sometimes a reader just wants a light tasty salad rather than a heavy, sauce-drenched meal.

What sort of audience will your book, R. Nevada, S.P.I. - Alien Law most appeal to?
Steampunkers, especially of the alien variety, and people, like myself, who stay up at night worrying about a Steampunk Alien Invasion. Also, those who occasionally want a break from all-too-serious sci-fi novels…

. . . . . . . .

Thanks for your comments, E.K., and good luck with your writing.

. . . . . . . .

Discover more about R.Nevada, S.P.I. at the following link:
The Fictional Tongue-in-Cheeky Adventures of a Strange Phenomena Investigator

. . . . . . . .
E.K. Gillcoan, author of R. Nevada, S.P.I. - Alien Law

Follow E.K. Gillcoan on twitter:
@EKGillcoan

. . . . . . . .

R. Nevada, S.P.I. - Alien Law by E.K. Gillcoan is available for the Kindle app from Amazon:
US: R. Nevada, S.P.I. - Alien Law
UK: R. Nevada, S.P.I. - Alien Law

R. Nevada, S.P.I. - Alien Law is also available from the following online book stores:
Smashwords
Barnes and Noble
iTunes


E.K. Gillcoan's first collection of short stories, Beware Of The Prizes, is available from Amazon:
US: Beware Of The Prizes by E.K. Gillcoan
UK: Beware Of The Prizes by E.K. Gillcoan

Quotes from a review of Beware Of The Prizes on Amazon.com:
"The short story is alive and well in Gillcoan's imaginative collection."
"Each story had a unique setting with well done, simple and short world building that shows the artistry of the science fiction short-story at its best."
...Corrinthia

1 comment: